Your electric frying pan is a pizza oven! Your electric wok is an oven/steamer! I'll show you how...

How to create a mini-pizza oven using an electric frying pan with the extender ring of your FlavorWave/Halogen Oven and its element head positioned onto its extender ring placed over your electric frying pan/wok as an Oven.

Electric Frying Pan


 Halogen Oven/Convection/FlavorWave Oven

Electric Wok

Improvise by creating your own Yogurt maker, Mini Oven, or steamer using your Extender Ring positioned over your electric wok, covered with your electric wok's lid for steaming. For baking or grilling, swap lids by using your halogens' element head/cover. And you will never go back to using a hob, pots, and pans ever again! Save loads on Electricity!

I use it over both my 5-liter electric Wok and round electric frying pan, covered with the extender ring, over which I fit the element head of my halogen oven so that I have the benefit of both upper and bottom elements. The assisted fan of the halogen oven stirs around the heat for even cooking, baking and browning. I even bake cheesecakes this way, which I bake over a hot water bath and the same for my Creme Caramel Rice and Sago Pudding. Simply place the lower rack which comes with your halogen oven, into the bottom of your wok. Fill up with water just reaching your bottom rack and place your baking pan onto its rack – creating a hot water bath. walla! Your electric wok is now ready to bake in.


Baked in an all-in-1 cake pan – a double-layer cake pan where you have to slice the cake into 2 halves once baked. Please don’t use your springform pan because it will leak!

I do all my soups, casseroles, cottage pies, pot roasts, lasagnas, moussakas, etc, in my electric wok. 
In the 10-liter glass bowl, Halogen oven, I make my Greek yogurt, cream/cottage cheese.
Since I've been doing so, I have never found the need to go back to using a roasting pan, slow cooker, hob, pots, or pans again, and the cleanup is so much easier! 
Your electric wok is your best friend and the best slow cooker you can wish for. It has its own self-regulating temperature which will not burn your food unless you allow it to dry out. Because it is made of metal, it is by far, a better conductor of heat than glass. And once your meat begins falling off the bone, it will bless you by richly browning your meat to perfection if you allow the water to evaporate and your meat to begin sizzling away gently in its own fat, which gives a far more concentrated flavor to your roasted meat than any slow cooker will do.
Using my Kambrook Wok as a slow cooker, I just turn the temperature down to around 2.
Make sure when purchasing them, preferably, you do so at the same store to make sure they fit together nicely and that they both have more or less the same circumference.
How I make Melba toast from a whole 700 g loaf of sliced bread all at once in the Halogen oven:
Use this temperature for Melba Toast

I usually keep my setting as seen above, or fairly close to the 125 C setting.

Make sure your racks criss-cross each other and your bread is not touching the floor or it will gather moisture

Use both top and bottom racks that come with your Halogen Oven to keep bread out of moisture that accumulates on the floor. Make sure your racks criss-cross each other as seen above. Once all moisture has evaporated from your glass bowl, Your Melba Toast is ready. I just leave mine in the bowl covered to use as needed. 

Your Halogen oven can make melba toast out of a whole 700g loaf of freshly sliced bread in around 40 - 50 minutes!


How lovely it is to have melba toast on hand each morning without the need to make toast. And what more could you wish for than to smear on the most delicious Chicken Liver Pâté with its own built-in butter for a breakfast on the run?

Cottage Pie Tip: Toss broken bits of Melba toast into your food processor, crumb, and mix with grated cheese for a crumbled cheese topping for your cottage pies or other crumbed toppings.
.
Chicken Schmaltz and Grilling Tips:
Gelatinized Chicken Stock with Fat (Schmaltz): I store all my chicken stock and fat in my empty chicken liver tubs. Chicken stock always sinks to the bottom of the tub whilst fat rises to the top. I dipped this tub in hot water and inverted it, to remove its contents.
Place chicken thighs in your wok onto the halogen oven’s lower rack, positioned inside your wok, and then just tip out all your lovely chicken stock and schmaltz, collected in the bottom of your wok, into tubs and refrigerate – I have never needed to repurchase cooking oil. I just buy more chicken thighs and if I have too much, I switch back to chicken tenders or the brined fillets.
Don’t forget the golden rule: The most delish fat and golden brown chicken stock come from grilling chicken thighs. You may also do this with fatty pork cuts or any other fatty meat because there is a lot of good fat in meats. There is really no need to buy cooking oils at all.
The most beautiful pizzas are made just like bought, in an electric frying pan – covered with the halogen oven’s element head, placed onto its extender ring positioned over it. In this way, it doubles up to make the most magical pizza oven!
If you want to bake or steam in your wok: Place your round lower metal rack, which comes with your halogen oven, into the bottom of your wok, and pour enough water just to come up to your metal rack, then place your cake pan resting on it. You may cover your pan with a large upturned dinner plate – which is what I always do - 'just to be safe.' Your wok lid is sloped so water/steam does not drip directly onto your food - so it doubles up as a steamer, too.
If you need both the upper and the bottom element to dry bake (not steam) then cover your baking with your halogen oven head placed onto its metal extender ring. To be safe, I always place just put a little water into the bottom of my wok.
If you are just steaming – use your halogen oven’s extender ring over your electric pan or wok without its element head, and just cover it with your wok's lid.
If I am steaming or baking, just to be safe, I cover my baking with an upturned dinner plate, so that if any steam drips onto it it will run off.
You may also cover your baking with an inverted identical pan, placed within your wok, positioned over your existing one containing the contents you are baking.
See MammaSal use her Halogen Oven to bake Yorkshire Puddings.
Happy baking! 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form