World's Best Welsh Rarebit with Leeks Ever! - This is drop dead delish and the best Welsh Rarebit I've ever had! Divine!Enjoy!

I don't think this recipe can be beat I'll be honest with you! :)

Total Calories in recipe: 1,571      Total Weight of recipe: 632 g       Prep: 20mins     Cooking time: 10mins      Servings: 4
           
I love this over baked / steamed potato. It is a meal in itself and soo delish!
I leave out the Worcestershire sauce and use a dry white wine for mine.
South African Worcestershire sauce I find is too overpowering, so I leave it out.
Use a good quality, mature cheese when making this dish, it makes all the difference.

Ingredients:
2 leeks, washed, sliced
20ml Olive oil, for frying (I use half butter to oil)
8 slices rye bread, toasted
250g Cheddar cheese, grated
100ml dry white wine
10ml Worcestershire sauce (I omit this)
Salt to taste
3 pinches black pepper, freshly ground
1 egg yolk, extra large
A pinch cayenne

Method:
Fry leaks in a little oil until soft, set aside.
Preheat grill and toast bread on one side.
Combine cheese, wine and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan and heat slowly, stirring continuously, until cheese has melted. Season.
Allow to cool for 3 -3 minutes, then beat egg yolk into cheese.
Place bread, toasted side down, in a large ovenproof dish, scatter with leeks and pour over cheese sauce.
Grill for a few minutes until golden.
Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and serve.

For Calories see Caloriecount.com

Had this book for years! Only discovered the recipe  last week! ;)
Had this book for years! Only discovered the recipe last week! ;)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form