Portuguese Kale Soup / Caldo Verde / Sopa Kale português - Absolutely Delishious! Vegan & Vegetarian friendly!



Soo delish and you won’t even miss the meat! This soup does NOT need meat at all! It is both Vegan and Vegetarian friendly – Great for Meatless Mondays and to keep out those winter chills!


For added nutrients I left the skins on my potatoes and processed my soup with stick blender (heat off) straight in the pot. Do not process too long or you will get gluey gooey potatoes. Nice to leave a few chunks of potatoes around in your soup. Begin by adding a little water and then toward end gradually increase water until you reach your own desired consistency. If you have any leeks lying around you may add that too. I added butter instead of oil to my soup. I chopped my onions finely in food processor & kale too (lots of it) but not too fine. I added my garlic cloves whole together with the rest of the ingredients, including my potatoes which I pre-steamed in the microwave. Note: Do not let any lemon pips get into your soup, as it will turn your soup bitter.
Total Cal: 1,055 Total Weight: 2.399 kg Serves: 6 Per 400 g serving: 176 Cal http://www.caloriecount.com/cc/account/flog_add.php?tab=new_recipe#_=_
Ingredients:
1 kg potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 onions, sliced
1-2 cloves garlic (or more if you wish)
1 litre water (approximately)
25 ml olive oil (or butter if you wish)
2 cups kale (curly), shredded
15 ml lemon juice, to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Method: Place potatoes, onions and garlic in a saucepan. Cover with water and simmer until tender. Add salt and olive oil and blend until smooth. Add shredded kale and simmer gently, till just tender. Adjust seasoning, then add lemon juice and a drizzle olive oil or butter if wished – Serve and Enjoy!


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form